Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**

Share | 

Vanity In Vain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Vanity In Vain   Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Just for the hell of it
Putting pen to use
Defying the block
There must be something left inside
Time to put the butter knife to mayo jar
And scrape the sides and bottom
Relish this moment
Before it’s forgotten
Waiting to be inspired
Seems a big bad wolf blew out my fire
Only to stoke my ire
This thing is happening
It will transpire
Sometimes a lot of nothing
Is just the purging needed to be said
Prime the pump
And get the flow going again
Can’t wait I’m itchin’
Convulsing and twitchin’
Let it flow till the ink is gone
Then scratch the surface and imprint on
Something’s got to give…
Buildup before the break through
Hands and nose pressed to a brickwall
But I know…
After so long obeying…
It cannot end like this
MOVE!

(just can’t shake this feeling…that this wall is comprised of the same bricks that was once a well)

Parable of a man and the immovable ROCK

A man was sleeping in his cabin one night when suddenly his room filled with light, and God appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock at the shore near the man’s cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might…

So, obedient to the Lord’s request, the man pushed day after day, week after week. For many years he toiled from sunup to sundown, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might!
Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Satan decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: “You have been pushing against that rock for a long time and absoulutely nothing has happened. Don’t you know that it is an impossible task? Why not just put in your time, and do the minimum amount of effort. That will be good enough.”
Feeling like a failure, the man decided maybe that’s what he should do. However, he thought that since God had asked him to do this task, he would take his failure to God and see what God wanted him to do. “Lord,” he prayed, “You know everything. You know I have been faithful to Your request. But in all all this time, I have not even budged that rock even one inch. Why am I such a failure?”
Compassionately the Lord responded, “My friend, you accepted my request and were faithful to the mission that I gave you, to push against the rock with all of your strength. You have done this. But never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it.”
“Your task was to push. Look at yourself. Your back, your muscles, your hands are stronger than when you started. You were patient and obedient to my command. Along the way you have grown in faith and wisdom. That’s why even in your discouragement, you didn’t give in to despair, but you turned to Me for direction. Well done, good and faithful servant.”
(from a Christian newsletter, January 2011)

Last edited by oneagleswings on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doug Blair
ADMIN II
ADMIN II

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Vanity In Vain   Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.ca/2015/08/this-man-will-lead.html

Back to top Go down
http://justhappeneduponthis.wordpress.com/ http://momentsmidstream.blogspot.com/
oneagleswings
ADMIN II
ADMIN II

CCW SUPPORTER CCW SUPPORTER
2x POETRY CONTEST WINNER 2X POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Vanity In Vain   Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Hmmm...I see:) Nice package all together really!

dove 

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
- Thomas Aquinas

God Bless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanity In Vain   

Back to top Go down

Vanity In Vain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode: