Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**
Share | 

Hate Me Now, Thank Me Later

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostHate Me Now, Thank Me Later

I talked to some parents last week.  I always talk to the parents at the school I’m currently speaking in to give them an overview, a chance to ask questions and some tips on how to get their youngsters through middle school and high school unscathed.

And I always end by showing them a clip of my daughter telling her story at that retreat 5 years ago.  To encourage them.  Because she went to the school where their children are now enrolled. Thought it might encourage some of you, too:

She was 20 then.  She’s 25 now.  Her heart is still intact and she is still looking forward to a great marriage and a great family.  In the meantime she’s working on her masters in counseling.

Would love to hear what others have done to get their youngsters safely through those treacherous years.

Oh, and in case anyone is interested: Twila Paris's live version of Days Of Elijah is a great song for the gym.  It has a decent bpm which got my heart rate to a level that was pushing the limits for a sage of my age.  Burned enough cals to have an extra piece of the roasted brussels sprouts and pancetta pizza that the hub just brought home.  :)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Hate Me Now, Thank Me Later :: Comments

No Comment.

Hate Me Now, Thank Me Later

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM :: Blogs-