Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in      
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**FREE CONTESTS COMING SOON**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT TIPS**

Share | 

Hello All

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
revcoachatkinson
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

PostSubject: Hello All   Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:19 am

Hi all, I've been writing for a while. It started with writing songs, but then found that my musical abilities were too limited to express the words in my mind, so I broke away from the music to just poetry (just is a funny word there because it was a step into a much broader world). Since then I've also finished Seminary and was ordained as a Presbyterian Minister. I currently serve the small congregation at Gordonsville Presbyterian Church. In addition I also teach English at a local private boys boarding school. I'm married and have two beautiful daughters. I love writing, love words, love expressing and thinking new ideas. Now that I also am crafting sermons every week, it is amazing to me how the inspiration always comes. I look forward to submitting some of my work here. I also post my sermons and much of my work on my blog at [url=revcoachatkinson.blogspot.com]revcoachatkinson.blogspot.com[/url] . Thanks!
Pete
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:07 am

Welcome Reverend Pete! I look forward to reading your work. With your interest in poetry have you thought of adding to it any other genres like non-fiction or fictional stories of some kind?

Last edited by Lora on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com
revcoachatkinson
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Hello All   Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 am

I have written some nonfiction and fiction prose things and have a few in the works I hope to get to this summer, with teaching, ministering, preaching every week, and being a dad, time is often the biggest challenge to writing in prose. . . Poetry for me often flows more freely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All   

Back to top Go down

Hello All
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1