Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  SpotlightSpotlight  JesusJesus  
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT WRITING TIPS**
Share | 

Greetings From Tennessee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GaryCooke
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER

PostSubject: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Hello All!

My name is Gary Cooke. I'm 24 and from the lovely state of Tennessee via New York City. I run a Sci-Fi/Horror/Fantasy blog at exposednerd.com it's the sister site to my friends site that I've been apart of for a few years called comic book fury. We've found blogging about the things we love is a great way to connect with people and get to share are views and thoughts on things through conversations.

I've been writing my whole life and just got approved to move forward with my first novel for a publisher (yay!). I tend to write on the darker side of things heading towards a hopeful ending most of the time. I love Horror/Science Fiction, and sadly I've found very few of it in the Christian market I have enjoyed which was largely what set me on my path to write it myself for people to hopefully enjoy. If any of you know any good Christ-based Horror/Science Fiction I would love to know about it, all I can ever seem to find is Frank Peretti and Ted Decker books. If anyone wants to get in touch with me for any reason...

GaryCooke.Net
Exposednerd.com
@ExposedNerd (Twitter)

Those are the best ways. Look forward to getting to know you all!
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Hello Gary,
Welcome to Christian Creative Writers. I am so happy you joined us. My dad grew up in Knoxville Tennessee, and he still says things like "piller" for pillow and "warshed" for washed. Love it!!! And my kids tell me that when I get mad, I suddenly have a southern twang. I wish I could control that, because my kids would take me more seriously when I try to correct them. Instead of them hopping to, they try to hide their smiles and giggles behind their little hands.

I like Fantasy fiction myself and the market is scarce. I mean, who doesn't love Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia, right?

Last edited by Lora on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://loraconnor.com http://equippingthesaints.life
worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)

POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Welcome Gary, glad you are here. I look forward to seeing how you can pull off christian and horror. Not a big fan myself but really open to new things that give God glory.

APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

I grew up loving horror/dark things. And my writing always focused that way, and when I got saved I really wanted to reach back to the people I use to be with/like. And give them something to help show them the life. That's really been the inspiration behind the series I am working on. Following a Fallen Angel who regrets her choice to follow Lucifer looking for redemption as she battles demons/dark things learning about herself and finding peace and redemption even after doing horrible thing and seeing such awful things done to people.

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:08 pm

That sounds like a story I could sink my teeth into.

GaryCooke
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Well I'm sure I will have some snippets up here in the semi near future. I just got a green light for it from a publisher. So working on getting a full and final draft together after I cold pitched it to them at a comic book convention lol. And I'm need of editing help, I am the worst self editor lol.

Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:27 pm

You can always ask for some editing help here. I'd love to clean it up as much as I can. Post in the "Critique Corner" of any topic and ask for editing help. Looking forward to working with you.

GaryCooke
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)
APPRENTICE (6-25 posts)

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Tennessee   Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:20 am

Awesome, and consider it done Big Smile

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Tennessee
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL: