Christian Creative Writers

A FREE CHRISTIAN WRITERS' FORUM

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in      
NO REGISTRATION**FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**POST YOUR POETRY OR STORIES AS A GUEST**NO REGISTRATION**FREE CONTESTS COMING SOON**NO REGISTRATION**WRITERS RESOURCES**NO REGISTRATION**CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION**NO REGISTRATION**GREAT TIPS**

Share | 

Greetings from Georgia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TracyR
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)
NEW KID ON THE BLOCK (0-5 Posts)

PostSubject: Greetings from Georgia   Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Hello, everyone. Lora and I had an email conversation this week, and she invited me over to participate, and I'm thrilled to be here.

I'm a freelance writer, student, and publisher. The last few years have been exciting for us as I've transitioned from editing fulltime, into being a fulltime nontraditional student (going back to school at age 47 - had I lost my mind??), and then, this summer, becoming a publisher!

In June, we opened Pix-N-Pens Publishing to produce evangelical materials, then a few weeks later, opened Write Integrity Press to publish more general works. Our first book releases October 1 (Board to Death, a Trio of Mysteries in the Dangerous Games Series), and we'll have four other books releasing between now and February:

Which Witch? - a Christian novel for middle-school kids releases Oct 15
Life Lessons from Grandparents: A Trip Down Memory Lane releases Dec 1
Love Letters from the Heart - a book of testimonies written in letter format releases Feb 1

And I'm still negotiating the 5th release, but it's tentatively scheduled for mid-Feb. We continue to seek submissions of full-length manuscripts, so the schedule is updated frequently.

We are still accepting submissions for the two compilation books, Life Lessons and Love Letters, and I invite you to check our guidelines and then submit a story of your own. Deadline for Life Lessons is Sept 30.

I look forward to getting acquainted.

Blessings,
Tracy
Back to top Go down
Lora
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Georgia   Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Welcome Tracy,
I am delighted to have you here at Christian Creative Writers. Congratulations on the new books you've published and your college aspirations. I too went back to school as a non-traditional student at the age of 30. Dare I say, that the best students are the more mature ones, and were some of my best buddies. I hope that some of our members will benefit from your new occupation. I will send the email with an example of how I list publishers for our members in the "Publishers and Literary Agents" Topic. Many Blessings to you.

worshipfreely
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)
WRITERS’ MENTOR (500 + posts)

CCW GOLD MEMBER CCW GOLD MEMBER
POETRY CONTEST WINNER POETRY CONTEST WINNER

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Georgia   Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:40 am

Welcome Tracy, so grateful that you have joined us here. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us. All glory to the Father.

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Georgia   

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Georgia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Share this topic...
Link this topic
URL:
BBCode:
HTML:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Christian Creative Writers :: NEW USERS :: Take a Moment to Introduce Yourself-